Supporting Information Workers to communicate and collaborate over a distance.
What tools, technologies and methods support and accelerate learning and collaboration within dispersed groups?
So far using:
- Google+ Hangouts for 1:1 and some-to-many communication including video-call and web conferencing functionalities like screen sharing
- Google+ as my major social media presence
- Skype (for presence awareness and 1:1 communication – lately only rarely with some followers that have not yet been converted to Google Hangouts)
- Evernote as my Knowledge repository
- easyLEARN, a Swiss Learning Management and Content Management System: Formal e-courses informal ‘Google-style’ learning. easyLEARN is also designed to support SMEs as an easy to use know-how authoring and publishing tool.
- SnagIt for screen capturing and Camtasia for screen recording
- WordPress Blog (still experimenting)
- Microsoft Office: Word editor and PowerPoint for presentations
- Prezi and Videoscribe for storytelling
- iMindmap for brainstorming, mind mapping and presentation